Physiotherapy provides services to develop maintain and restore maximum movement and functional ability throughout the lifespan. At our Department, we cater to the rehabilitative needs of our major specialities ranging from neurology, cardiology, orthopaedics, paediatrics & critical care; supported by major high-end equipment’s to create a customised exercise program for each patient. We help to overcome disabilities associated with osteoarthritis, cerebral palsy, joint pain, organ transplants, syndromes, physical & age-related deformities, occupational diseases, etc. In addition, we also cater to congenital physical deformities in children, prevention and early identification to stimulate growth and development.
This all may leads to movement impairment, muscle weakness, disturb gait uncontrol balance or coordination, enema, swelling, Pain and Stiffness etc.
This includes providing services in circumstances where movement and function are threatened by Ageing, Injury, Diseases, Disorders, Conditions or Environmental factors. The functional movement is central to what it means to be healthy. Physiotherapy is concerned with identifying and maximising the quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, treatment/ interventions, Habituation and Rehabilitation. This in composes physical, Psychological, Emotional, Social wellbeing. Physiotherapy involves the interaction between the Physiotherapist, patients / Clients/ other Health Professional, Families, Caregivers and Community in a process where movement potential is assessed and goal s are agreed upon, using knowledge and skills unique to Physiotherapist.
Physiotherapist can help patient in following process:
- Undertake a comprehensive examination/ assessment of the patients/ clients or needs of client group.
- Evaluate the finding from the examination/ assessment to make clinical judgement regarding patients/ clients.
- Formulate a diagnosis, prognosis and plan.
- Provide consultation with in their expertise and determine when patients/ clients needs to be refereed another Healthcare professional.
- Implement a physiotherapist intervention / treatment programme.
- Determine the outcomes of any intervention & Treatments.
- Make Recommendation for self management and Home advice.